This Veterans Day marks the 100-year anniversary of the end of World War I. Originally called Armistice Day, this federal holiday was changed to Veterans Day in 1954. At that time, it became a day to honor all men and women who have served in the armed forces of the United States of America.
Veterans Day provides an opportunity to honor and show appreciation to those who are currently serving or have served in the military.
A veteran’s sacrifice is unmatched. Veterans are men and women who have placed service to our country above their own comfort, personal dreams, and even their loved ones. While we may never be able to repay them, we can honor them for this sacrifice. How do you truly honor a veteran? We hope you’ll join the Specification Rubber Products family in some of these suggestions to pay tribute to the ones who have given so much.
- Show up to a parade or event honoring our veterans. Stand and clap for them.
- Fly a flag. They fought hard for those stars and stripes; fly it proudly.
- Ask them about their time in the service and just listen, giving your full attention.
- Acknowledge their sacrifice with a thank you card or any creative display of appreciation.
- Visit them in their home, on the street, or VA facility.
- Write a letter and send a care package to someone currently serving.
- Donate to the wonderful organizations that offer support, services, and appreciation to our veterans.
- Volunteer your time to a Veteran’s Service Organization.
- Shake a veteran’s hand.
- Smile. A simple smile can speak volumes.
- Resolve to honor our veterans throughout the year, not just on Veterans Day.
Thank you for joining Specification Rubber Products in taking the time to honor those who have served our country.