Breast cancer has plagued humans for millennia, but awareness has increased dramatically in recent decades. Specification Rubber Products cares about Breast Cancer Awareness because we have moms, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, cousins, mothers-in-law, friends, and daughters who have been affected by this disease. We are committed to doing our part to help individuals understand the importance of Breast Cancer Awareness.
Consider these statistics from the National Breast Cancer Foundation:
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- More than 40,500 diagnosed women will die this year.
- An estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed and approximately 460 will die.
- 1 woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 2 minutes.
- 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
While those statistics are daunting, they have improved dramatically in recent years! The money raised through breast cancer awareness programs has funded research to better understand this disease. There are many types of cancer, and each type can respond differently in different individuals, so it is unlikely that there will ever be one simple “cure” for cancer. The good news is that there are already treatments and “cures” made possible by the generosity of people like you. Researches are now exploring our new understanding of the human genome to improve outcomes, and the research that needs to be funded in the coming years is showing more potential for breakthroughs and discovery than ever before.
The men and women of Specification Rubber Products stand together with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama in raising awareness and funding the basic research that is improving the outlook for moms, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, cousins, mothers-in-law, friends, and daughters across the globe.
Specification Rubber Products stands with those affected by breast cancer by donating a percentage of our October sales to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama. Please join us in the fight by donating today.